As with all technologies, cloud adoption rates differ between countries and sectors. Knowing who is leading and why can be difficult to interpret. As such, our European Cloud Weather Report highlights the adoption of cloud computing in several European countries. And what’s happening in our main industries within those countries.
This tool shows the current state of public, private and hybrid cloud adoption across Europe as well as what it will look like over the next year. It also provides a visual, interactive guide to the adoption of cloud computing in Europe across seven different vertical industries.
Why not take a look at how adoption patterns are playing out across Europe.
If you don’t have time right now, here are some of the highlights:
- The Western Europe cloud market will grow approximately 19% faster than the worldwide market. France and Germany are in line with this number
- The growth in the UK is expected to be even higher - 25% faster than the worldwide market
- In the Netherlands and Sweden the growth is slower, but still 10% above worldwide cloud uptake
- Cloud is viewed as one of the six priorities for the EU Commission’s €1bn annual funding on IT
- On hybrid cloud, spending is expected to rise in the UK from £440m to £439m – a total of 1.4% whereas in The Netherlands, it is expected to rise only 0.71% from £99m to 102m
- Cloud computing is one of the top IT priorities for the French government and they will be investing €780 in the coming years
Our experts are here to help
Would you like to talk to one of our experts? Why not email us your request and we’ll find your closest local consultant to contact you.
We also have the tool available in German, Dutch and Swedish. Plus an English version with the financial figures in Euros.
Background to the data
Logica developed the figures and sector overviews included in the Cloud Weather Report based on a comprehensive European research campaign with our clients earlier in 2011. The feedback from these interviews and market information has been developed to give a brief overview of the current use of cloud in each sector. Logica’s European client survey on cloud included 464 large organisations with an average of 4 interviewees within each organisation with responsibility for defining technology strategy.
The figures also include guidance from recent analyst house reports on cloud. These have been split by country, based on total IT services spend per country to give a percentage of IT services revenue spent on the 3 segments of cloud. Expected growth rates in spending have been used to generate the 2012 predictions.
Our research from 2011
Why not read 3 of our sector reports, which concentrate on the conversations we had with our clients last year. We have a report for Financial Services, Utilities and Public Sector.
You can also email us at email@example.com or read more about us at www.logica.co.uk/cloud.