“Logica’s contribution was decisive in the project’s successful and timely outcome, in particular due to its expertise in Business Intelligence solutions and its command of HR issues.” Phillipe Leroy, Financial Controller and IT Systems Manager - INRA Finance Department
INRA, the leading European agricultural research institute, and one of the foremost institutes in the world, carries out mission-oriented research for healthy and high-quality nutrition, competitive and sustainable agriculture, and preservation and promotion of the environment.
Public bodies must adapt to a changing environment heavily hit by budgetary constraints. To do so, it has become indispensable to implement or optimise decision-assisting tools bringing together all management fields (finance, HR and IT) and all activity fields.
At INRA, where human resources account for 75% of expenditure, Project MIEL was launched for this purpose.
The project, named MIEL, is part of a strategy to optimise the institute’s resources, in particular staff-related expenditure.
To achieve this, INRA simultaneously launched two projects:
- Revision of payroll management processes, with the introduction of a management control function
- Execution of an IT project: Project MIEL (Integrated Modelling of Payroll Use)
As a management aid, Project MIEL aims to be a tool that will be shared by the various departments involved in payroll management and it should facilitate:
- the refocusing of resources on activities with a high added-value, and the implementation of management control
- the reconciliation of three visions of payroll and staff (HR, Finance, Accounting)
- the production of standardised, shared and non-contestable object-based data
- the preparation of high-quality multi-annual simulations with interpretable results
- the monthly adjustment of forecasts using object-based data
INRA selected a “best of breed” solution based on Business Object Xi reporting software and the simulation tool Scénario RH from Allshare.
- Optimised decision making
- High-quality simulations and monthly forecasting
- Standardised and shared data
- Better organised payroll and staff management