UK based Embarcadero and Sweden based Vergic AB chosen to partner with Logica on a global go-to-market strategy
Logica, a leading business and technology service company has announced that Sweden’s Vergic AB and the UK’s Embarcadero Technologies are the winners of the Global Innovation Venture Partner (GIVP) Programme for 2011. Vergic, which is the third consecutive Swedish winner, won the award for their “ps plugin’- a sales and customer service solution. Embarcadero Technologies enables Windows desktop software to be turned into easily sharable mobile-like apps within the business environment.
The Embarcadero AppWave solution converts software into AppWave Apps that are broadcast so that the users can have an instant access. Users do not need to worry about installing software and have one-click access to the applications that they need.
Vergic “ps plugin” is a solution that takes e-commerce and customer service to the next level. It transforms a website into a real time interaction sales experience, enabling person to person communication. This sales interactivity allows companies to communicate and demonstrate products on their website like in an ordinary store. It enables companies to retain their customers and minimize the risk of aborted transactions at checkout.
Launched in 2007, the GIVP Programme was run across seven countries this year – UK, Sweden, Finland, France, Netherlands, Portugal and India. The programme is part of Logica’s client intimacy strategy that revolves around collaborative innovation and partnership for the benefit of clients. Both winners will work with Logica on a global go-to-market strategy that will touch key markets and clients primarily across Europe. Last year’s winner was Eurostep from Sweden and in 2009 the winner was Appear Networks from Sweden.
Congratulating the winners on their achievement, GBS Bindra, Global Innovation Director for Logica said, “Our plan was to find one global winner, however, the quality of applications this year was so outstanding that we ended up choosing two winners. Both the companies presented excellent innovative solutions which were hard to be dismissed. We are delighted to partner with Vergic and Embarcadero and excited about the future prospects of delivering solutions which add value to Logica’s extensive client base. We feel that both companies will help us meet the needs of our clients in a very innovative way”.
Alexander Lunde, CEO, Vergic: "Interfacing in a consistent manner with the end customer, cross all channels is getting more and more important as customers today are crossing channels faster and faster. Our ps pslugin, personal service product, combined with Logicas deep knowledge of the clients business solutions cross all channels form a strong foundation for creating customer value in helping our enterprise clients to achieve this. In Sweden we are already taking the first unified steps approaching key customers with our combined value offering"
Wayne Williams, Embarcadero’s Chief Executive Officer commented: "This global award highlights AppWave’s game changing and timely innovation in bringing the app store concept to the desktop. Embarcadero’s partnership with Logica significantly enhances our business opportunities with AppWave."
The GIVP programme also identified great innovation partners as country winners. They will work with the local Logica teams to further develop their solutions and then market the solution in the region and to Logica’s clients in that country. The 2011 country winners are:
- Portugal – klab (www.klab.pt): klab s.a. is an innovation and metrics company that supplies enterprise management solutions. They provide innovative real-time business tools that increase organisational performance and customer loyalty. Their vision is to lead the way of science-to-the-market through innovative business first hand metrics worldwide.
- UK – Sophia Search (http://www.sophiasearch.com/): The explosion of volumes of data along with the multiple types of data such as text, audio and video means that search is an increasingly important aspect for any organisation or public safety body. Sophia Search is a great complimentary technology to some of Logica’s own intellectual property which will enable Logica to bring out game changing solutions to the market.
- France – Proxem (www.proxem.com): Proxem helps organisations improve their performance in implementing the Semantic Web technologies and Language Processing. Consumers express both on the services or products provided on key events (such as legal or social) or on the image conveyed by a business (e-reputation). These feedbacks are sent directly by email or posted on blogs and forums on the web. Using techniques of semantic analysis and business intelligence, proxemics consolidates into a single vision. Proxem therefore provides companies with a daily barometer, allowing for continuous improvement and anticipation of crises.
- Finland - ICT Standard Forum (www.ictstandard.org): ICT Standard for Management delivers a business aligned framework and practical tools for professional ICT management. ICT Standard Forum functions via a web community with users all over the world. The ICT Standard for Management is free to use with an open source principle.
- India – KTwo Technology Solutions (http://www.ktwo.co.in/): They won for their innovative, unified healthcare management solution that addresses emerging markets. It offers Medical Diagnostics, Patient Health Record Management and Remote Patient Health Monitoring. The solution blends technology and healthcare by unifying Telecommunications, Data Management, Medical Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring and has the ability to detect some of the most common epidemics.
- The Netherlands - Flavour (www.flavour.nl): Flavour is a company which helps companies with their online presence. In order to convey a message or to promote products and services and to stimulate online sales, Flavour can improve the online interaction with the customer with their concept - the use of games (gamification). The main idea is to create an online pull (of information) instead of the normal push communication.
Logica is a business and technology service company, employing 41,000 people. It provides business consulting, systems integration and outsourcing to clients around the world, including many of Europe's largest businesses. Logica creates value for clients by successfully integrating people, business and technology. It is committed to long term collaboration, applying insight to create innovative answers to clients’ business needs.
Logica is listed on both the London Stock Exchange and Euronext (Amsterdam) (LSE: LOG; Euronext: LOG). More information is available at www.logica.com.
The company is a public company incorporated and domiciled in the UK. The address of its registered office is 250 Brook Drive, Green Park, Reading RG2 6UA, United Kingdom.
+31 6 10701308
+46 761 366 833
Embarcadero Technologies Europe Ltd: