Smart Energy Distribution
You can’t see it, you can’t smell it and you can’t hear it but electricity touches every part of our lives, every moment of every day – and the way it’s managed is undergoing radical changes. Ensuring we continue to have the secure, reliable and affordable supply of energy we enjoy today, means we have find more sustainable ways to satisfy our energy needs. And that means the demands we place on our energy infrastructure are changing too.
How we design, build, operate and regulate our energy distribution systems will have to become a whole lot smarter. To achieve this will require more intelligence deeper into our energy infrastructure.
Additional telemetry points on the network and smart meters in the home will generate orders of magnitude more data than distribution network operators (DNOs) have today.
And at CGI, we know how to make the most of challenges – we’ve been integral to the transformation of the British electricity industry since its privatisation and we’re building on that experience to help your organisation plan for your future and take advantage of the opportunities it creates.
We’ve spent a lot of time getting to grips with smart grids and understanding what it will mean for you. We have carried out a number of surveys across the world to see how ready DNOs are for the smart grid. In this rapidly changing environment, you’ll need to combine a deep knowledge of the utilities industry with wider business transformation skills to make the most of the opportunities all around you. The insight and cross-industry experience we bring is a good place to start.
We find the future of energy an exciting place, as this sample of our recent electricity projects shows:
- CGI is a partner in two leading European smart grid programmes:
- The Low Carbon London Programme is recognised by IDC Energy Insights as an exemplar smart grid programme for promoting innovation in distribution networks.
- The EDP’s InovGrid smart grid project in Portugal has been chosen by Eurelectric and the EU as a prime European case study
- Full outsourcing support for two of the three largest UK DNOs
- SAP consultancy – we are SAP Global Service Partners, with more than 3,600 SAP consultants
Think Smart. Talk to us today.